Sewing Basics – Techniques – Hemming – Jan 16 5:45-8PM
Out of stock
Hemming, one thing that most people have to have done in order for their clothing to fit correctly. It’s part of the alterations that I give to the community but I love teaching and helping people save money! So I have put together this techniques class.
This class will teach you how to properly hem using both the basic top stitch and blind hem. Both are the most commonly used hems in today’s garments!
I think my freshman year of junior high was the last year that they offered Home Economics at Kettering City Schools. So I thought, well if they stopped teaching essential life skills for hemming, so I figured… I need to help teach this!
Prerequisite: Sewing Basics (or equal skill, must know how to change needles, change stitches and needles on the machine)
Max Students: 5
Hemming (Blind and Top Stitched)
Supplies included with class:
Fabric for practicing Hemming and Patching fabrics
Sewing Machine if you need to borrow one, it’s free!
Some materials can be purchased at Needle, Ink and Thread with a 10% discount on class supplies
*Notions (needles, thread, seam rippers, marking tools)
*Fabric (rayon, knit, chambray and cotton)
*Interfacing (limited supplies – please contact to verify stock)
*Closures (zippers, magnetic, lobster claw, etc.)
Check out this post about machine maintenance!
- If you prefer to pay by cash, please come to the studio any TUESDAY 11 am – 6 pm to prepay before the class or credit card. Registrations are not complete until payment is received.
• 100% of fees credited to another course if the student cancels 72 hours (3 days) before the scheduled date.
- However, you will need to reschedule within 15 days and scheduled for no more than 30 days from the original class.
- Class fee is forfeit if not rescheduled within this timeframe.
•IF CANCELLATION LESS THAN 72 HOURS, there will be no credit.
- No exceptions, this ensures that other students waiting for a seat are not missing learning opportunities due to late cancellations.
• No-shows give up any refund or exchange.
All classes start and end on time. Please be prompt, if you can come up with 5 minutes early for set up.
Please do not come more than 5 minutes early to the studio; I will be getting there 15 min before to set up for the class.
If you use freeways to get to us, be aware of the rush-hour traffic, please plan accordingly.
If you are over ½ an hour late, you will need to schedule a private lesson at your cost. You might miss out on precious information. I might not be able to catch you up if it’s a full class, please make sure you give yourself time for traffic and travel.
No Refund or Transfer of funds, if upon cancellation is 72 hours (3 days) or less before the start of the class.
If you are canceling before the 72 hours cut off will result in a CLASS Credit only.
Refund and Return Policy
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.