Get to Know Your Machine – Sewing Basics! Jan 16th 6-8pm
6 in stock
Learn the basics of sewing on a machine?
Has your machine been collecting dust on a table or hidden way back in the closet? Have you wanted to learn just didn’t know where to take lessons?
**Don’t forget if you want to take this class and the next one is too far away, try a private lesson!
This intro to sewing class is the perfect way to get your feet wet or dust them off! You will learn about the machine, threading, and accessories.
Please make sure to print off the downloads and bring to class with you
Ages: 13 and older
Max Students: 6
What you will take away from this workshop:
Filling & Inserting Bobbin
Accessories and Feet
Basic Sewing Terms
Here are some of my favorite sewing notions.
Notebook and Paper (optional)
Sewing Machine – I highly recommend the Brother CS6000i
Empty Bobbin (if you are using your device)
Scissors – I suggest the KAI N5230 9″ Bent Handle
Manuals (if using your machine)
Basic Sewing Kit (scissors, pins, extra needles, etc)
Scrap fabric to practice
Sewing Machine (if you need to borrow one)
**Please print all attachments you receive when registering for this class and bring them with you. And don’t forget to read over the class policies!
- If you prefer to pay by cash, please come to the studio any TUESDAY 11 am – 6 pm to prepay before the class or credit card. Registrations are not complete until payment is received.
• 100% of fees credited to another course if the student cancels 72 hours (3 days) before the scheduled date.
- However, you will need to reschedule within 15 days and scheduled for no more than 30 days from the original class.
- Class fee is forfeit if not rescheduled within this timeframe.
•IF CANCELLATION LESS THAN 72 HOURS, there will be no credit.
- No exceptions, this ensures that other students waiting for a seat are not missing learning opportunities due to late cancellations.
• No-shows give up any refund or exchange.
All classes start and end on time. Please be prompt, if you can come up with 5 minutes early for set up.
Please do not come more than 5 minutes early to the studio; I will be getting there 15 min before to set up for the class.
If you use freeways to get to us, be aware of the rush-hour traffic, please plan accordingly.
If you are over ½ an hour late, you will need to schedule a private lesson at your cost. You might miss out on precious information. I might not be able to catch you up if it’s a full class, please make sure you give yourself time for traffic and travel.
No Refund or Transfer of funds, if upon cancellation is 72 hours (3 days) or less before the start of the class.
If you are canceling before the 72 hours cut off will result in a CLASS Credit only.