Don’t have a serger? That’s totally ok, I have them so you cann take the class! Then you will be able to rent the serger during open sew. You must take this class in order to rent the studio serger or use it during private lessons or group classes.
MASKS are REQUIRED for all group classes, per studio policy.
To add to cart, make sure to click on the class date, and the class time. This will allow the “Yep, Sign me up ” button to appear!
Out of stock
Serger Basics, the machine looks scary but I will show you how easy it is to use!
Using a serger isn’t as bad as it looks! Learn how to thread, keep up and clean, change feet and adjust your stitches for perfectly balanced serging!
A lot of people are terrified of this machine because it looks so different, it’s intimidating, 4 cones of thread, 2 needs, a cutting blade OH MY!
But, I promise you that serging is simple, fast, and fun, this class will have you up and running quickly and confidently!
What you will learn in this class:
Anatomy of the Machine
Differential Feed Adjustments
Starting and Finishing a serged stitch
Maintenance and Cleaning the machines — please make sure if you are bringing your serger, that it is in working condition. If you need to have it serviced, here is a great list of local businesses that can help!
Ages: 15 +
Max Students: 6
Serger (Anything more than fifteen years old, please book a private lesson)
– if you need to use one of mine, please make a note in the additional notes section.
Thread (4 spools – IF using your own machine )
Accessory Pouch – items that came with the serger
Also, please print out the class waiver/photo release and bring it with you signed.
Refund and Return Policy
Class Cancellation Policy & Payments
- However, you will need to reschedule within 15 days and schedule for no more than 30 days from the original class.
- The class fee is forfeit if not rescheduled within this timeframe.
•IF CANCELLATION LESS THAN 4 DAYS before the registered class date, there will be no credit.
- No exceptions, this ensures that other students waiting for a seat are not missing learning opportunities due to late cancellations.
• No-shows give up any refund or exchange. **Classes canceled by the studio will receive class credit. We try to limit classes canceled however there may be times that a class will be canceled and if this happens, you will receive an email with a coupon code to reschedule your class at your convenience. If you would prefer that I put you in the next class scheduled automatically, please just let me know.
All classes start on time. Please be prompt, if you can come up with 5 minutes early for set up. Please do not come more than 5 minutes early to the studio; I will open the doors 5 min prior. I sometimes have offsite classes, private lessons or appts before the class. If you use freeways to get to us, be aware of the rush-hour traffic, please plan accordingly. If you are over ½ an hour late, you will need to schedule a private lesson at your cost. You might miss out on precious information. Please make sure you give yourself time for traffic and travel. Returns/Refunds: No Refund or Transfer of funds, if upon cancellation is 4 days or less before the start of the class. If you are canceling before the 4 days cut off will result in a CLASS credit.