The In’s and Outs of Using a Serger – Serger Basics –
$50.00 – $60.00
Don’t have a serger? That’s totally ok, I have two that can be rented in order to take the class! Then you will be able to rent the serger during open sew (Every Tuesday 11-6PM) for $7.00 per hour! You must take this class in order to rent the studio serger or use during private lessons or group classes.
There is an option to rent a serger during class.
There are two sergers available for rental.
Serger, the machine looks scary but I will show you how easy it is to use!
Using a serger isn’t as bad as it looks! Learn how to thread, keep up and clean, change feet and adjust your stitches for perfectly balanced serging!
A lot of people are terrified of this machine because it looks so different, it’s intimidating, 4 cones of thread, 2 needs, a cutting blade OH MY!
But, I promise you that serging is simple, fast and fun, this class will have you up and running quickly and confidently!
What you will learn in this class:
Anatomy of the Machine
Differential Feed Adjustments
Starting and Finishing a serged stitch
Maintenance and Cleaning the machines — please make sure if you are bringing your serger, that it is in working condition. If you need to have it serviced, here is a great list of local businesses that can help!
Ages: 15 +
Max Students: 4
Serger (Anything more than fifteen years old, please book a private lesson)
Thread (4 cones)
Accessory Pouch – items that came with the serger
Also, please print out the class waiver/photo release and bring with you signed.
There is an option to rent a serger during class, there are 1 available.
Class, Class & Serger Rental
- If you prefer to pay by cash, please come to the studio any TUESDAY 11 am – 6 pm to prepay before the class or credit card. Registrations are not complete until payment is received.
• 100% of fees credited to another course if the student cancels 72 hours (3 days) before the scheduled date.
- However, you will need to reschedule within 15 days and scheduled for no more than 30 days from the original class.
- Class fee is forfeit if not rescheduled within this timeframe.
•IF CANCELLATION LESS THAN 72 HOURS, there will be no credit.
- No exceptions, this ensures that other students waiting for a seat are not missing learning opportunities due to late cancellations.
• No-shows give up any refund or exchange.
All classes start and end on time. Please be prompt, if you can come up with 5 minutes early for set up.
Please do not come more than 5 minutes early to the studio; I will be getting there 15 min before to set up for the class.
If you use freeways to get to us, be aware of the rush-hour traffic, please plan accordingly.
If you are over ½ an hour late, you will need to schedule a private lesson at your cost. You might miss out on precious information. I might not be able to catch you up if it’s a full class, please make sure you give yourself time for traffic and travel.
No Refund or Transfer of funds, if upon cancellation is 72 hours (3 days) or less before the start of the class.
If you are canceling before the 72 hours cut off will result in a CLASS Credit only.