Unraveling the Mystery a Sewing Pattern – Nov 13th 6-8pm
Ever look at a sewing pattern and think “huh”… Well, let me teach you all there is to know about patterns, from sizing, to markings, grading, grainline and more! When you leave you will feel confident on what size (or sizes) you should make as well as basic pattern grading.
Make sure to bring your questions to ask as well!
This is a prerequisite to most garment classes.
Indie and Commerical Sewing
Have you ever wanted to use patterns but became completely lost when looking at the back cover? Why do the symbols and cutting guide look like a foreign language? Then this is the class for you!
I will teach you about measurements, indie vs. commercial, fabric choices and more! We will also do a mock pattern (miniature) so you can get comfortable with laying out your pieces and cutting them! Once you cut your fabric, you commit to the shape/size. Let me help it become less intimidating.
Please make sure to print all materials and bring to class.
Ages: 12 and older
Class Max: 7
Notebook and pen
Sewing measuring tape (at least 60″)
Supplies included with class:
Miniature Sewing Pattern and Fabric
What you are going to take away from this class:
Reading – Envelope
Marking the Symbols
Transfer markings to fabric
You will also get hands-on experience with miniature pieces to cut out.
Resource List for books and websites
- If you prefer to pay by cash, please come to the studio any TUESDAY 11 am – 6 pm to prepay before the class or credit card. Registrations are not complete until payment is received.
• 100% of fees credited to another course if the student cancels 72 hours (3 days) before the scheduled date.
- However, you will need to reschedule within 15 days and scheduled for no more than 30 days from the original class.
- Class fee is forfeit if not rescheduled within this timeframe.
•IF CANCELLATION LESS THAN 72 HOURS, there will be no credit.
- No exceptions, this ensures that other students waiting for a seat are not missing learning opportunities due to late cancellations.
• No-shows give up any refund or exchange.
All classes start and end on time. Please be prompt, if you can come up with 5 minutes early for set up.
Please do not come more than 5 minutes early to the studio; I will be getting there 15 min before to set up for the class.
If you use freeways to get to us, be aware of the rush-hour traffic, please plan accordingly.
If you are over ½ an hour late, you will need to schedule a private lesson at your cost. You might miss out on precious information. I might not be able to catch you up if it’s a full class, please make sure you give yourself time for traffic and travel.
No Refund or Transfer of funds, if upon cancellation is 72 hours (3 days) or less before the start of the class.
If you are canceling before the 72 hours cut off will result in a CLASS Credit only.