Waxed Lunch Bags – Scrap Buster – Thursday, June 20th 5:45 – 7:30
Come to the studio to learn how to use bee’s wax to create a cool lunch bag! Reusable and you can wipe clean with soap and water, great for putting food in to go on a hike or the pool! A great alternative to plastic baggies!
This class will be perfect for those that want to upcycle and reuse some materials you already have on hand. I used some scraps from my bin!
Great project to work with kids too! Great way to teach how to upcycle and reuse old items!
Also, you can make these in all different sizes, make sandwich bags, snack bags and even a wet bag for your swimsuit!
Possibilities are endless!
3 in stock
Waxed Bags – Reusable and fun to make
These bags are so fun and easy to make, this class will cover the basics of sewing 1 bag together.
Prerequisite: Sewing Basics (or equal skill, must know how to change needles, change stitches and needles on the machine)
Max Students: 4
Supplies included with class:
Bee’s Wax for waxing fabric (1/4 cup) – will have a yellowish tint to the wax when melting – keep that in mind when choosing your fabric.
Instructions to make again and where to get the materials.
Sewing Machine if you need to borrow one, it’s free!
Check out this post about machine maintenance!
- If you prefer to pay by cash, please come to the studio any TUESDAY 11 am – 6 pm to prepay before the class or credit card. Registrations are not complete until payment is received.
• 100% of fees credited to another course if the student cancels 72 hours (3 days) before the scheduled date.
- However, you will need to reschedule within 15 days and scheduled for no more than 30 days from the original class.
- Class fee is forfeit if not rescheduled within this timeframe.
•IF CANCELLATION LESS THAN 72 HOURS, there will be no credit.
- No exceptions, this ensures that other students waiting for a seat are not missing learning opportunities due to late cancellations.
• No-shows give up any refund or exchange.
All classes start and end on time. Please be prompt, if you can come up with 5 minutes early for set up.
Please do not come more than 5 minutes early to the studio; I will be getting there 15 min before to set up for the class.
If you use freeways to get to us, be aware of the rush-hour traffic, please plan accordingly.
If you are over ½ an hour late, you will need to schedule a private lesson at your cost. You might miss out on precious information. I might not be able to catch you up if it’s a full class, please make sure you give yourself time for traffic and travel.
No Refund or Transfer of funds, if upon cancellation is 72 hours (3 days) or less before the start of the class.
If you are canceling before the 72 hours cut off will result in a CLASS Credit only.