Asparagus and Corn Salad
Check out other delicious recipes on Trader Joe’s website! Great food and good for your body! It makes for a happy and healthy body! Who doesn’t love fun and different salad in the summer?
This is a great dish with a little bit of everything, and I can’t use the onion as I am allergic (bizarre allergy, but I have learned to cook a lot, so I can still eat delicious meals!) So, if you can and like to eat onion, this smells so good, and I always want to eat it and take a Benedryl to help my reaction.
Cookouts and get-togethers, this is the perfect side to bring!
..What to buy…CORN! …
<Let’s Make It>
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Best to let the pot rise slowly to a boil to get a more consistent boil.
- Blanch asparagus for one minute. Do not go more than a min in the boiling water or you might have floppy asparagus. And that does not taste good.
- Remove asparagus and place in cold water to stop cooking. Ice cold, just a quick dip and out, easiest if you use a spider tool to put in ice-cold water and back out. This will stop the cooking but not completely cool the asparagus.
- Cut asparagus into one-inch pieces.
- Combine corn, red onion, and bell pepper with asparagus.
- Toss with red wine vinaigrette.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for one hour and serve. This will allow all the flavors to combine and become delicious, I promise you, do NOT skip this, the longer it sits, the tastier it will become.
- Serves about 5
Check out this other fantastic dish!