What you need to make this dish
<Let’s Make It>
- Put all your “base” foods on the tortilla. (tofu, crumbles, or ground beef, then black beans, cashew queso, rice, roasted cauliflower)
- Then we will work on your crunchy layer –
- Tostadas are the easiest way to create a uniform crunch.
- Doritos, tortilla chips or Hot Cheetos are a fun way to mix it up.
- Next to the fresh stuff
- lettuce, tomato, jalapeno, marinated cabbage, cilantro, etc.
- Finish this layer with something to help the top tortilla hold like smashed avocado or sour cream.
- Place a smaller tortilla on top to avoid anything spilling out. (use a soft taco sized tortilla or cut a burrito size down)
- Then fold in the sides of the bigger tortilla shell, pulling the edges in towards the center, one over the other to make a secure closure. You don’t want the good stuff inside to squish out.
- After that, in a hot skillet and heat a little oil or butter. Place crunchwrap into the pan and cook until crispy golden brown.
- Once that is done, cut in half and serve.
- Optional: add more cashew or regular queso to the outside of the wrap or put in a bowl for dipping.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: enough filling for 4-6 crunch wraps!
Also, check out this delicious recipe!