Bring in the Broccoli Orzo salad; you can dress this dish up or down to suit the tastes of your guests!
Who doesn’t like a refreshing side dish at a cookout, something that is new? You can always rely on the classics, baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad… but what about changing it up a little next time!
Your guests are going to be so stoked with the new flavors if you have never had orzo you are in for a treat! You can dress this up even more with spinach and red pepper!
[What You Need]
- 12 ounces orzo
- One tablespoon olive oil
- One broccoli (head, cut into florets)
- feta cheese
- One small yellow onion (diced) — optional
- Three cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Eight grape tomatoes cut in half
<Let’s Make It>
- In a pot of boiling water, add the orzo and cook for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and cook until warm.
- Begin by adding the onions and soften for 3 – 4 minutes. (if adding onion)
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in the cooked orzo and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until all the flavors have absorbed together.
- Test for salt and pepper.
- Add feta cheese at the end!
- Serve and enjoy!
If you make this, please leave me a comment on what you liked or didn’t like! Adding a little feta cheese will set this off, I love using feta on pasta salads, the cheese will hold up to time and moisture and add a beautiful flavor to the veggies!