These little morsels, often called power balls because they are full of fuel for your body, are also known as energy bites. The two-bite treats are filled with powerful ingredients like oats, peanut butter, and usually protein powders — and don’t need any baking. These little gifts are great to help boost your energy the right way, with great ingredients for your body!
[What You Need to make Energy Balls]
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- Two tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (I used my DIY version)
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (do NOT try to substitute the brown rice syrup)
- pinch of sea salt
<Let’s Make Energy>
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until they come together in a sticky ball.
- Wet hands with water and then roll dough into 16 balls.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes before storing in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week.
These delicious energy balls are perfect for that pick-me-up! I love these during the fall, and that’s why we chose to use pumpkin and spice.
These are also vegetarian too which is better than a plant-based food or snack. Next time you’re looking for clean energy, make some delicious energy balls. Add in some crunch with walnuts or pecans, which add an extra pop of protein as well! And you now with being vegetarian, you want to make sure you have as much protein as possible!
What are some of your favorite snacks? Are they vegan? Vegetarian? Gluten-free? Do you add superfoods to the recipe, like blueberries or bee pollen? Natural peanut butter? I love using new ingredients; please let me know some of your favorites! Some yummy mini chocolate chips would add a little extra punch of flavor.!
Thanks for reading and hopefully making it; send a message if you tried it and loved it!!