What is better than deliciously prepared red potatoes! The perfect pairing for eggs in the morning or as a side to dinner! This can be made vegan by using vegan butter! Super easy way to get perfect potatoes every time!
[What you need]
- 1 pound red potato (scrubbed clean and dried)
- One teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
<Let’s Make This>
Prep time: Cook time: Total time:
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, or an electric skillet to 350 degrees F (176 C). Before baking, make sure to “stab” each potato with a knife or fork to vent the moister from the potato while in the oven.
- Bake the potatoes in a 400-degree F (204 C) oven placed directly on the rack for roughly 20-35 minutes, depending on their size, until soft to the touch.
- You can use a microwave, cooking a total of 4-6 minutes. Flipping once halfway through, until they have a little give when squeezed.
- Cut cooked potatoes into bite-sized pieces (quartering them works easiest)
- Place vegan butter, butter or olive oil, 1 Tbsp at a time, onto the hot skillet.
- Only add enough to accommodate all of your potatoes.
- TIP: Place one by one, onto the skillet directly in the melted butter ensuring both exposed cut sides touch the butter.
- Doing this step will ensure all parties get crispy brown.
- Once all potatoes are in the skillet, spray the top with canola or olive oil (optional) and season with half of the seasonings.
- Spraying them with oil helps the seasonings stick to the skin.
- After about 4 minutes, use a fork or spatula to tip the potato over onto its other side to brown evenly.
- Then after another 3-4 minutes, flip the potatoes on their backsides (skin side down)
- Season with remaining salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook for another 2-4 minutes until crispy and golden brown on all sides.
Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe
Saturated fat: 3g