Here is a super simple burrito bowl recipe I found recently on The Live-In Kitchen. Who doesn’t love to eat fresh veggies, beans, and avocado? Lindsey has many unusual and tasty-looking recipes! Check out her website for new and innovative foods! I love finding new recipes to try with the family; we always have a great time cooking together! What are some things that you love to cook with your family?
- Ingredients: 11Count
- Nutrition: 170 Calories
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Ingredients for Burrito Bowl:
- One tsp olive oil
- One clove garlic (minced)
- 15 ozs black beans
- Three sprigs cilantro
- cooked brown rice
- frozen corn (thawed) – or chuck your own fresh!
- Monterey Jack
- grape tomatoes (halved)
- avocado (diced)
- cilantro (chopped)
- In a small pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, about one minute.
- Add the black beans with their liquid and the cilantro.
- Bring to a bubble and reduce the heat to low.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until hot and thickened slightly.
- Discard the cilantro.
- In a bowl, layer rice, black beans, corn, cheese, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice and sprinkle with cilantro.
This bowl is a staple at our house! We love all things tacos and all things burrito! This bowl is fantastic on a nice summer day or a chilly night; put some crushed red pepper in to spice it up a bit. There are so many great ways to change up this bowl, so it fits your pallet and needs for food. You a vegetarian? What about adding some Quorn crumbles for a meaty flavor or some molten cheese on top for a punch!
What is your favorite goto Quick and Healthy meal?