Roasted Zucchini and Potatoes
A great way to use up a super tasty zucchini, try mixing it with roasted potatoes!
Perfect dish for parties, potlucks, and carry-in at work.
Why is roasted zucchini right for me?
Zucchini is one of the very low-calorie vegetables; it gives only 17 calories per 100 g. It has no saturated fats or cholesterol; the peel is an excellent source of dietary fiber that helps reduce constipation and offers some protection against colon cancers.
The pods are one of the standard vegetables included in weight reduction and cholesterol control programs by dietitians.
It is an excellent source of potassium. Potassium is a heart-friendly electrolyte and helps bring the reduction in blood pressure and heart rates by countering the pressure effects of sodium.
Also, they contain moderate levels of a B-complex group of vitamins like thiamine, pyridoxine, riboflavin, and minerals like iron, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc.
What’s in it?
- 4-5 large potatoes
- 2-3 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (9 grams) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1 1/4 grams) oregano
- Three sprigs rosemary (leaves removed from the stem)
- One clove garlic chopped
How to make it:
- First, preheat oven to 400° (200° Celsius)
- Then, peel and rinse the potatoes.
- Next, cut into small wedges.
- After that, dry the potato wedges in a clean dish towel.
- Continue cutting the zucchini into wedges of the same size as the potato.
- Next, place potato wedges and zucchini in a large baking pan.
- Then, mix potato and zucchini well with olive oil, salt, oregano, rosemary, and garlic.
- Place pan in preheated oven to bake.
- After thirty minutes, mix potatoes and zucchini with a spatula, then continue cooking for thirty more minutes.
- Bake Time total is 1 hour in a pre-heated oven.
- Serve immediately.
- **Additionally, for a little extra flavor to this fantastic dish by drizzling olive oil at the end with a dash of pepper and feta cheese!
What is your favorite way to get the kids to eat their veggies? If you love veggies check out these Handmade Hummus with Carrot or Roasted Garlic Asparagus.