vegetarian pasta salad
This pasta salad is fantastic, eaten hot or cold, it’s just delicious!
- Three tomatoes (large, seeded and chopped)
- One chopped cucumber (optional)
- A container of olives (optional)
- One medium sliced avocado(optional)
- A white onion (optional)
- 1 cup raw broccoli (optional)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp basil (chopped)
- One tsp of ground rosemary
- One tsp Herb de Provence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb penne or spiral pasta (uncooked)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Aged Balsamic Vinegar (to taste)
- Three tsp garlic (minced)
Instructionsfor vegetarian pasta salad
- In a large bowl, add together the chopped tomatoes, feta, spices, salt, and pepper.
- Put into the refrigerator to chill while the pasta is cooking.
- Using a large pot, bring water to a boil. Once boiling cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Then, using the same pot, while pasta is draining, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Next, Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2-4 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Return the pasta to the pot and toss with olive oil and balsamic mixture.
- Next, Add a little of the drained pasta and tomato mixture to a large dish and toss with olive oil and garlic.