Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Two sweet potatoes (sliced into 1/2″ thick wedges) – again, pick these up from your local farmer’s market; I promise the flavor is so much better!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (freshly, to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
Preparation for the sweet potato:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- If you are using regular foil, rub some olive oil on the foil before cooking to keep potatoes from sticking.
- Once you wash, dry, and wedge the sweet potatoes, put the wedges in a bowl and add one tablespoon of olive oil (enough to coat the fries)
- 1-2 teaspoons salt to taste
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper to taste
- and 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder to taste
- Be sure the sweet potato wedges are in one layer, with space around each wedge.
- Do not crowd your fries; leave space between the cuts to allow them to crisp up; too close will make them soggy.
- Bake the sweet potato fries for about 15 minutes, then turn each fry over and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Observe them so they don’t burn.
- Keep in mind the cooking time will vary depending on the size of your fries.
- Thicker cut – cook a little longer
- Thinner cut – cook a bit shorter.
- Once cooked and crispy (not burned), remove from the oven and salt to taste.
Cooking Protip – After washing your potatoes then, cut them into wedges. Put wedges into a cold water bath for 5 minutes. Then rinse with cold water. Once rinsed, dry your potatoes as much as possible. After the extra moisture is removed, put it into the freezer for 1/2 hour before baking.
This recipe will make four servings!
Recommendation - I love to add feta cheese to these fries, the creamy/salty flavor really adds to the flavor of the sweet potato!
I will be surprised If you or your family don’t enjoy this twist on the traditional french fries!
I hope you enjoy it! Let me know how they turn out!
Please also note there are affiliate links that help run this blog. Thanks for your support!