This listing is for both class times!
Day 1: Feb 25th, 10:30am – 1:00 pm
Day 2: Feb 26th, 11:30 am – 2:30 PM
(on both days, you will be able to stay for an additional hour after class ends to work on the project and ask questions)
Prereq – Sewing 101 group class or taken as a private lesson Skill Level – Confident Beginner
Learn about pattern reading while making a pair of PJ pants! What better way to learn how to use a sewing pattern than to have hands-on experience and a garment at the end?
We will break this class into 2 sessions.
Day 1: Feb 25th, 10:30am – 1:00pm
Learn to measure yourself properly
Find your size in the pattern
Figure out what the back of that pattern envelope means
Cut out the pattern pieces in your size and press
Gather Supply List – Amount of fabric needed
Do a walk-through on the pattern, the seam allowance, and what all those little icons mean!
Finish up and send you out for fabric and notions!
Day 2: Feb 26th, 11:30am – 2:30PM
Bring fabrics and supplies (fabric prewashed)
Learn how to lay out the pattern on fabric (going over terms and grainline, tips and tricks
Cut out pattern, transfer markings
This 2-day 5.5-hour class will have you feeling excellent walking out. All students should be able to finish in this time. However, some finishing may need to be completed after class depending on skill level.
The pattern will come with class; you will get the pattern on the first day of class.
Supplies will be confirmed on the first-day class
Fabric – Cotton or Flannel ONLY (yardage will be determined in class)
Sewing machine (unless you want to use mine)
1.5 yards of 1″ elastic
Notebook and pen
Class Cancellation Policy & Payments
• Full payment is due upon signing up.
• 100% of fees credited to another course if the student cancels 4 days before the scheduled date.
- However, you will need to reschedule within 15 days and schedule for no more than 30 days from the original class.
- The class fee is forfeit if not rescheduled within this timeframe.
•IF CANCELLATION LESS THAN 4 DAYS before the registered class date, there will be no credit.
- No exceptions, this ensures that other students waiting for a seat are not missing learning opportunities due to late cancellations.
• No-shows give up any refund or exchange. **Classes canceled by the studio will receive class credit. We try to limit classes canceled however there may be times that a class will be canceled and if this happens, you will receive an email with a coupon code to reschedule your class at your convenience. If you would prefer that I put you in the next class scheduled automatically, please just let me know.
All classes start on time. Please be prompt, if you can come up with 5 minutes early for set up. Please do not come more than 5 minutes early to the studio; I will open the doors 5 min prior. I sometimes have offsite classes, private lessons or appts before the class. If you use freeways to get to us, be aware of the rush-hour traffic, please plan accordingly. If you are over ½ an hour late, you will need to schedule a private lesson at your cost. You might miss out on precious information. Please make sure you give yourself time for traffic and travel. Returns/Refunds: No Refund or Transfer of funds, if upon cancellation is 4 days or less before the start of the class. If you are canceling before the 4 days cut off will result in a CLASS credit.
There are no reviews yet.